31.8.16

Willy Wonka Inspired nails - Tribute to Gene Wilder


Come with me, And you'll be, In a world of pure imagination..... This week we heard the sad new that another legend has been taken from this Earth. Gene Wilder sadly passed away and I just had to pay tribute to him. I don't know many of his films but there is one that was a massive part of my childhood, Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory. 



I love every part of this film (apart from the fact my parents used to call me Veruca when I was little!). Every time this film is on TV I have to watch it. I practically know all the words, all the songs and when I decided to do this mani I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I just needed to see what was in my stash to achieve that.


I obviously had to use a stunning velvety purple to match Willy Wonka's coat and I added his top hat over it too. The purple is probably a little too dark but I just love the finish of it! For his top hat, a lot of the pictures on Google show it very orange but it's more of a rustic red like in the original film so that's what I based it on. I used a bunch of items so rather than go through them all I will list them at the end of this post. 


I used the candy cane trees from The Chocolate room as inspiration too. I actually wanted to use the scene where Wonka drinks and then eats the daffodil cup but I didn't really have a nice cup stamp to incorporate that. 


Then for the words I would have liked imagination but I didn't have that world and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have fit on my nail anyway! I think Believe and Wish are very fitting though as that's what the film is about, believing and wishing. 

Hope you liked my homage to Gene and his character Willy Wonka.

If you want to view paradise
simply look around and view it
anything you want to, do it
want to make the world
there's nothing to it

There is no life I know
to compare with pure imagination
living there
you'll be free
if you truly wish to be

Gene Wilder - 1933 - 2016

Items used: 
A England - The Blessed Damozel
A England - Gloriana
China Glaze - White on White
Moo Moo Signatures - Forget-me-not
Jessica - Tangled in Secrets
EDK - Pinguino
EDK - Bruce
EDK - Dolly
EDK - Joana
Hit The Bottle - Absinthe Minded
MoYou London - Alice 02
Apipila - Criacoes B
Apipila - P47
Apipila - P6
Uber Chic - 9-03
Crystal Clear stamper - Nail-Artisan



No comments:

Post a Comment