3.3.17

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Mixed Tape Mani


Happy Friday guys!! How quick has this week gone?! I was quite excited to share today's post with you as it's something a bit different. The prompt for this weeks 26 Great Nail Art Ideas is Mixed Tape Mani. If you're like me you probably would have thought of nail vinyls and striping tape but my lovely friend Kirsty of Fairytales Nails thought of a mix tape! You know...like the old cassette tapes we used to listen to music on back when we were kids! We decided to do a triplet mani and each do the same nail design. Unfortunately Becca, from A Certain Becca Nails, and myself didn't have any stamping plates with tapes on them :(
So we went with plan B!! 


 I carried on from Kirsty's idea and said, why don't we use our nails as the mix tape and stamp lyrics on them! I scoured through my Uber Chic collection and found suitable words on the plates that can be interpreted as song lyrics. My song lyric, Nothing But Sunshine, came from Uber Chic 12-01. The song Nothin' But Sunshine is by a group called Atmosphere, which I had never heard of until I came to do this mani lol


I used China Glaze White on White and for the accent nail I used two Model's Own polishes as a random gradient. Turquoise Sea and Sugar Rush. My music notes were water decals that I bought off Ebay for around 99p! I coloured the sun in with B.a Sunshine from Colour Alike.


Here is Kirtsy's mani and she certainly is a Wild One with this funky mani.


Becca would like you to Run Away with her with this beautiful mani.


I hope you all enjoyed today's post and don't forget to go give the other ladies blogs a read too to find out what they used. I had so much fun doing this prompt!

Bye for now x












No comments:

Post a Comment