19.8.15

Bestie Twin Nails with @theonenailqueen


Well this is strange posting on a Wednesday right?! Hopefully this cute butterfly mani will brighten up your hump day. I've recently made a really good nail buddy - Sam from @theonenailqueeen. We talk practically every day about nail stuff and offer advice to each other with our manis so we decided it was time to do some Bestie nails! 



We both love Uber Chic, well it was actually Sam who started my obsession with their beautiful plates. The image we went for was the butterflies on plate 1 from collection 3.


For the base we used Tokyo A Go Go from the Hello Pretty Collection by Morgan Taylor. Tokyo A Go Go is a light pinkish/purple neon cream. It's so pretty and applied nicely in two coats.


Over Tokyo A Go Go I applied one coat of We Trippy by Cirque as the butterflies are all holo I wanted to make it sparkle even more. It's not a very strong holo top coat but it's still pretty.


For our butterfly nails we tried the negative space technique which neither of us have done before and I love how it came out. I did mine using the advance stamping technique and Sam did them as decals.


To colour in my butterflies I used:

Cirque - Cerrillos
CBL - Meet Me Over The Rainbow Bridge
CBL - Edith
CBL  - I Look Good In Stirrups
Cupcake Polish - Berry Good Looking

Sam also used some of these for her butterflies. I started her indie obsession...mwahahaha!


Top coated as always with HK Girl Fast Dry top coat.


Can't resist a macro of these. They reminded me of stained glass.


Here are a few pictures of Sam's nails.


How cute are these?


I love how she did the extra butterfly on her thumb nail too!

What do you think of our Bestie nails? If you want to check out Sam's Instagram page you can find her here @theonenailqueen. She does some awesome manis!

Thanks for reading. Bye for now x










No comments:

Post a Comment