29.8.15

Essence Summer Nail Art Blogger Challenge



The lovely guys at Essence sent me a goodie bag to create a mani for their Summer Nail Art Blogger Challenge. They sent three polishes, a nail file, a dotting tool, neon nail stickers, 3 sponges and a striping brush.


So this is the look I created. I'm not overly happy with it as freehand nail art is not something I do. I stick to stamping but it was fun to try something new.


To create this mani I applied I'm Lucky to my thumb and ring finger. I added different sized dots of I'm So Fluffy over my ring finger using the dotting tool. Over my thumb is a coat of Icy Fairy and I also used one of the sponges to apply Icy Fairy to my middle finger. To get great coverage for glitter polish, sponge application is the best way! It soaks up the excess polish and leaves the glitter bits behind. On my pointer I used the striping brush with I'm Lucky and added some neon stars. Then on my pinky I did a gradient of the two polishes and added a cute neon flower. 


Here's a swatch of I'm So Fluffy which is from the Pastels collection which is a peachy nude. This is meant to have a matte finish so no top coat was applied for the pictures. This is 3 coats. 



I'm Lucky is such a gorgeous bright pink and is opaque in two coats. Essence gel affect polishes are really shiny and I love the brush style! It's quite flat and is rounded so it's handy for getting close to your cuticle area.



Icy Fairy is a glitter topper and is show here in 2 coats. It has a bit of a blue shimmer to it in certain light.


So what did you think of my mani that I created? You can buy Essence polish at your local Wilko store or online at Wilko.com.

Thanks for reading. Bye for now x



No comments:

Post a Comment