23.2.14

Spring is coming!



Hi all. I hope you've all had a good weekend. My weekend has been a pretty quiet one so it's given me chance to try out the decal method! I had heard of this method before from a few people and have been wanting to try it for a while.



I used this Mild East gel polish as I thought it was a lovely sky blue colour which suits the whole Spring theme. I bought this bottle, along with 4 other colours (you can see the swatches on my Facebook page here). I got all bottles 5 for £10.99 from Ebay...how good is that?! I know they are not "official" but you can't knock them for that price. They apply like any normal gel polish. The only thing I did notice was the two darker colours where a bit thicker.


This was the image I used, from my MoYou plate Pro XL 12 plate. When I thought of doing the decal I was trying to think of what colours I could use for the tulips. So I searched on Google for inspiration and found this lovely picture.

  
Here is a close up of my thumb and the bottle.


Hope you all liked this design. If you would like to know how to do the decal method check out this really helpful tutorial from Lucy's Stash.

Bye for now :)




6 comments:

  1. It makes me think of Spring, too. Gel polish seems wicked expensive where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you from? I got 5 bottles for £10.99...for other brands such as Red Carpet Manicure its £12.95 just for 1 bottle and IBD is around £9.00

      Delete
  2. I'm from Canada, and RCM is $12.99 CAD in the local drugstore. I find that Amazon.com has a lot more availability and lower cost than Amazon.ca, and we have a mailing address just across the border in a US town for eBay. IBD is about $6.99 USD, including shipping, and Gelish is about $11.50. I'm pretty leery of trying the Chinese brands, as I'm inexperienced anyway, but I'm in Vancouver, so we're always doing business with Hong Kong and the Mainland, and have been for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So wish I could get IBD and Gelish that cheap! Lol

      Delete
  3. This is such a pretty manicure! I love the inspiration you used for the colours for the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I had to lighten my purple a bit as it was bit dark on my first attempt but I think they came out nice in the end

      Delete