10.1.15

My first Holo!


Hi everyone. I cannot believe it has taken me this long to get a holographic polish....what is up with that?! I suppose it's because I mainly use gel polish rather than regular nail polish but this is a beauty.



This is Over The Moon by Color Club. It is opaque in two coats and has such a dreamy application. Underneath Over The Moon I used my gel polish, clear base coat and clear top coat as gel polish is a great base for regular polish. I find it makes the application really smooth, helps it dry quicker and helps it to last. I wore this for three days and was chip free the whole time. I don't know about you guys but regular nail polish chips on me after one day,  especially as I type a lot at work. I top coated with Sally Hansen Complete care.


The above photo shows the holo in daylight (using my daylight bulb directed at my hand rather than over my light box-which is the reason for the different skin tone). This shows you the true beauty of this polish and how it catches the light. It's full of colours like blue, green and yellow!


Here's a quick close up for you.

Hope you like this mani. I think I will have to add some more holo's to my collection. Bye for now x






13 comments:

  1. Blue holographic nail polish is very rare to find. Its looking gorgeous on your nails. About chip free application, when i applied CC beyond which is black holo from this collection, it started chipping from 2nd day. I guess because you are wearing gel base and top coat, it helped it to stay chip free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) blue is my favourite colour and this is such a beautiful polish! The gel is great base..I definitely would have got longer wear from it too but removed as doing a nail art challenge today!

      Delete
  2. I am in love with this polish . Lovely swatch. I want holo too...not a single one in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely buy one, they are stunning. Then you can apply it over your gel polish and it will last longer :)

      Delete
  3. I have red+silver one from Color Club.. I won it in a giveaway. This one is so mesmerizing.. I would stare at it all day. Your application, nail shape etc suits the color and it looks classy. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I really feel the gel polish base helped with the application

      Delete
  4. Holo...Holo...Holo..it's just gorgeous....Your nails are looking fab... <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh!! simply in luv with it.. and nice tip to capture the color of holo polishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you its beautiful isn't it?! Ye lol I felt the need to explain my weird skin tone!

      Delete